October 31, 2011

Playing Dress-Up...

Here's one clue I've met my match: we both really enjoy an excuse to be someone else for a little bit.  Sometimes we get that privilege at a youth group theme night.  Other times, it's Halloween.

So yesterday night we met up with the group (now a quadruple date, really) at the Applebee's.  Mike was Dean Winchester (if you haven't seen "Supernatural," you really should.), and I was some kind of 80s jazzerciser, which morphed into being Olivia Newton-John.

The best was when HTB's mom watched me apply blue eyeshadow and tease my side pony and gingerly and tactfully asked, "Do you have plans tonight?"  "No," I replied, "I just like to dress like this on Sunday nights."
And it was so fun.  Nevermind that the rest of the group (save the Libertarian and the "celebrity" attempts by the besties... not bad ladies, for last minute :) ) didn't join us in our Halloween extravagance.  So here's to a forever with my HTB-- and partner-in-let's-play-dress-up-for-Halloweeen crime. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment