November 24, 2011

Thanks Be...

Every year at Thanksgiving, I wonder, for those who don't have a personal relationship with Christ, to whom/what do they give thanks?

And this year I wonder the same.  I don't think anyone anywhere would say they aren't thankful for something.  Thus, the question is begged... can you be truly thankful if there is no recipient for your thanksgiving?  They might be thankful for family, friends, food, shelter, bacon... but it loses their meaning if their thanks simply goes out into the great unknown; spoken words that die the moment they leave their mouths.

For me, when I give thanks both now and throughout the year, my thanksgiving is directed to the Giver of all gifts-- my God and Savior, Jesus Christ.  Without Him, life (including whatever thanks I might give) has no meaning.

So on this Thanksgiving Day, I sit on my parents' couch in my pajamas (still), post-parade, watching Miracle on 34th Street.  I'm browsing online for some Christmas shopping, and I'm counting my blessings.

Thanks be to the Lord.

And now it's time for a picture post!  Enjoy some photos from two of my bridal showers here in Chicago! :)



My cousins and me, minus Carolyn and Emily.
I received so many lovely handmade gifts-- like this afghan (Grandma) and cross-stich (Aunt Marge)
We <3 each other :)
Look at my fun shower surprise: one of my bridesmaids and best friends came in from Texas!!!
And yes, we went to a graveyard.  Whatev.
 
 A lovely montage by Kelly Johnson at Duna Photography!
 Looks like I'm laughing at my own private joke.  HAHAHA
 Mom made us a Chevron quilt!
 
 The flower girl and me, with the bow bouquet!
 
 HTB, whispering something sarcastic, to be sure. (photo by Kelly Johnson)
 
 My reaction... HAHAHA (photo by Kelly Johnson)
 YAY, we're getting married! :) (photo by Kelly Johnson)
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!








No comments:

Post a Comment