September 24, 2009

A FEW of My Favorite Things...

While my favorite things are not schnitzel with noodles, girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes, or bright copper kettles, I do have many favorites. As I mulled this over in my mind, I came up with a short and by no means complete list:

... crunchy crackers, polka dots, dark and heavy clouds, fresh bread, silhouettes, hints of cinnamon, woodsy smells, being freshly showered, "new" smell, Caprese salad, singing when alone, references to Chicago in songs, big earrings, dark nail polish, a book that engrosses, well-developed characters, skeleton keys, a new idea, clean and cool sheets, lightning, theological conversations, breezes, dim lighting, the smell of coffee, a good sneeze, a pretty cupcake, nice teeth, a blank piece of paper, daily planners...

While compiling this list, I was reminded that "every good and perfect gift comes from above," and I also reminded myself to worship as I enjoy my favorites. I hope you'll do the same today.

No comments:

Post a Comment