October 5, 2010

What Would You Do For a Burrito...?

I LOVE food.  I'm not one of those girls who is like, "Oh, I love food!" and then orders a salad.  I'm one of those girls who is like, "Oh, I love food!" and then eats half a pizza and an order of breadsticks all by herself, and will also probably have dessert.

It's this love of food that made me a perpetually chubby girl, and made my weight loss the most epic challenge of my life.  I remember when I started Weight Watchers almost two years and thirty pounds ago.  Every.  Single.  Food.  Commercial. elicited the "yummy sound," (not sure what that is?  Just hang around when I take the first bite of anything) and I literally dreamed of food.  Think I'm exaggerating?  Think again.  I LOVE food.

I love making it, I love thinking about it, I love planning it, I love looking at it, I love smelling it, and mostly I love eating it.  If I had the fastest metabolism in the universe, I would eat every hour-- not because I'd be hungry, but because I just love food.  And I'm not super-picky, either.  Sure I have a list of DON'T's (mayo, mustard, pickles, olives, horseradish, raw eggs and/or raw meat... ew.), but my list of DO's far exceeds that mini list.  Just add cheese, bread, or sugar, and I'm game.

With this admission comes another admission, decidedly more dastardly and dark... I have been known to wish I had a boyfriend simply because I wanted excuses to go out to eat (on his bill, too).  Yikes, I know.  I've never actually acted upon this-- you know, like wink at the guy in the car next to mine just for a quick trip to the Olive Garden-- and I wouldn't, of course... but that doesn't mean I haven't thought about it.

I'll be honest: when Bestie and her now-husband started dating, I didn't so much envy the fact that she was in a relationship... I envied the fact that she went to fine culinary establishments at least once a week... for free.  Well, maybe not for free... she did end up marrying him, so I guess for him it was an investment... 

Perhaps this indicates that I have a problem.  Or maybe it's just proof that I'm a healthy American girl with a robust appetite.  I'm not really sure, at this point.  I only know that I want Mexican food right now like I want world peace, and I'm thinking very seriously about winking on my way home...


.... just kidding.  But seriously.  I want a burrito.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel that way about cooking....I want someone around b/c it's hard to cook a fantastic meal for only ONE person....too much is thrown away, you know?! Besides the fact, when you cook for one, you don't need to make all the sides, etc.... sigh.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amanda! What I wouldn't give for a burrito! you could have my thighs! I would gladly give those up :) hee hee. I know I could quickly replace them :) I share your love of food and now since I do I am trying to love the treadmill :) Easier to love food!

    ReplyDelete