March 13, 2011

A Bit of Birthday...

 
Here are my delightful parents, fresh in from snowy Chicago, enjoying the Florida sunshine. :)


So... I've neglected my blog.  I'm sorry (that is, if anyone even reads this anymore).  But life has a way of getting crazy.  I have some deeper thoughts to share, but those will come later.  Here is a picture tour of my birthday weekend, in all its glory:
And this is BF and me.  He asks, "Do I need to have a real smile?"  And then does this.  Maybe it's Opposite Day, and if I say, "no, you need to grimace," he would smile normally.  He tries. :)


We went to Tarpon Springs on my birthday for some fantastic Greek food.  I mean really, this place is tops.  Saganaki (flaming cheese) may very well be the food they serve in heaven.  Here I was surrounded by my favorite Floridians. :)


This picture makes me laugh so hard.  BF looks more awkward than I ever intended to make him feel while taking pictures.  I love it.  PS, my birthday cake was the best baklava I've ever had, but with only one candle, because twenty-seven is a fire hazard.  Twenty-seven!!!  YIKES!  Late twenties?!?!

 
It WAS at the sponge docks, after all.


We had a bit of a photo shoot, much to BF's chagrin.
I took the group one on a timer, set atop a newspaper thingy.  Haha, success!!





And one of my favorite items of the weekend is the above purchase: two vintage dishes.  We went to an antique fair in my little town, and I got these for a song.  I mean, not literally.  No one would give me anything for singing, I'm that bad.  But $25 for the pair is pretty good.  And I picture them on a Thanksgiving spread someday in my own house, on my big dining room table, passed by family members. :)

 

But the most special item of the weekend was this treasure, given to me by BF.  Relax, it's on my RIGHT hand.  It's another claddagh ring, this time white gold with my birthstone (aquamarine), and it's special for a couple of reasons.  First, Mike remembered that my parents gave me mine fifteen years ago, on my birthday.  Secondly, it's a promise from him, that someday he'll give me another ring. :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww, nice pictures! Looks like you had a memorable birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete