July 8, 2009

A Fresh Start, a Clean Slate, A New Leaf... Choose Your Cliche.

I am not new to the blogging scene. In my early college days, about seven years ago now (eek!), I recorded my angsty poetry on the blank pages of this website. Then came Xanga, my virtual diary, the sleeves on which I wore my heart. But Xanga went out with ... I don't know; what went out in the middle of this decade? Finally, there were Facebook notes. And while I love Facebook notes, they never had that "grown-up" feel. So I return to Blogger with hopes that I might share my life and the lessons I learn. Why the "Irish Hag's Hut?" you may ask. The imagery this phrase evokes in my mind is of a spinster woman with frizzy red hair out to here, with wild eyes and a fiery spirit. She sits at the fireside of her wind-beaten hut on the hills of Ireland, writing feverishly more for herself than anyone else. I don't live in Ireland, I live in Florida. I'm not a spinster, but I am single. Despite our differences, I feel like this Irish hag in her hut, writing feverishly all of the many things that float around in my head and my heart. I hope you'll join me-- this Irish hag-- as I type my life onto the crisp, fresh pages of this virtual notebook.

3 comments:

  1. You are not a hag! But you are a verbal (now blogger) processor and are more than welcome in blog land...so...WELCOME!

    kconnor7278.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're an Irish RED-HAIRED lassie; with a fine picture to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda (o; Thanks for visiting my writing blog! Jean and Rigg are dear friends from waaaaaay back Hi jean!). Amanda---I like the "Irish Lassie" (o; "Hag" just doesn't go with your picture at all but I'll still visit your blog if you keep the "Hag" in the title!
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete