July 5, 2010

Images of Independence...

Sitting in the back of a red pickup truck, I let the breeze mess up my hair as I watched the fireworks all around me.  "Walking in Memphis" came from the speakers, and I smiled.  Independence Day has always been one of my favorite holidays.  Deeply patriotic, I tear up when I hear the National Anthem.  Pair that or other equally as patriotic songs with firecrackers, and suddenly there are waterworks to go with the fireworks.  I smiled and teared up as I looked around me: friends sitting on the tailgate, parents holding their children, children staring in wonder, pyrotechnics everywhere from right above me to across the water... these were images of independence.

Every morning we wake up blessed by God to enjoy life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, regardless of our country's leadership and shortcomings.  Enjoy some glimpses of my Independence Day and count your blessings as well. :)

  
free to make cupcakes
free to try not to laugh when Bestie takes my picture
  
free to enjoy a sunset
  
free to ooh and ahh
 
free to be artistic
  
free to appreciate tender moments

No comments:

Post a Comment